Dec 23, 2010

"All I do is dream of you": pick your favorite version

I love this song! Sometime ago I noticed that it was used in many movies; I'm embedding four versions (well, three because Youtube disabled the embedding option of the one from Singin' in the rain). Which one is your favorite??

1934 - Gene Raymond | Sadie McKee

1935 - Chico Marx | A night at the opera

1952 - Debbie Reynolds and chorus | Singin' in the rain

 Watch in Youtube  (embedding disabled)

1953 - Debbie Reynolds & Bobby Van | The Affairs of Dobie Gillis

 More great music :

Happy old songs 
Happy Old Songs are back! 
Xmas albums from two of my fave retro bands :)
Happy Old Songs from Nora Ephron films
More Happy Old Songs
And even more Happy Old Songs

6 comments:

  1. I think it is a tie between SADIE MCKEE and Gene Raymond’s version (he made Joan Crawford weep and that is good enough for me), and A NIGHT AT THE OPERA and Chico Marx’s version. Chico is a sentimental favorite, but I never knew that Gene Raymond was quite the crooner. Thank you for sharing this very creative comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always thought the Sadie McKee version was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this song in every version. In SINGIN IN THE RAIN are two versions which first made me curios: The same song can sound so different!
    I like the Chico Marx version very much, because everytime Chico and Harpo a doing music they have this expression in their faces which really touches me - like every one doing things he/she loves. That makes me very happy - in a calm and thankful way.

    Oh - and btw: I like you blog VERY much.

    Have a merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yo adoro la versión de Connee Boswell :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. whistlingypsy: You're welcome, thanks for sharing your opinion :)

    KC: Yeah, he's so sweet! Thanks for stopping by!

    Frl. Irene Palfy: Thank you!! I really appreciate your comment :)

    Rena: de verdad no tenía idea quién era Connee, pero la busque en Youtube y canta súper :) Gracias por pasar!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always thought the Sadie McKee version was so sweet.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...