Mar 24, 2011

Yaaay, my first blog award ever (thanks Monty!)

My friend Monty, from All Good Things,  just named me as a Stylish Blogger. Thanks Monty-boy, you're very kind :)

Well, because this if my first time receiving a blog award, I'll try to follow the instructions correctly. These are:

a) Post a link to the person who gave me the award.

Checked: visit Monty's All Good Things, you won't regret it!

b) Reveal seven facts about myself:

Checked:
1. I love horses. Since I was a little girl, my dream is to own a horse. I had a mare once, I named her Ginger (didn't know about Miss Rogers then, but I had read Black Beauty).Then they take her away, because she was really very lonely and I just couldn't visit her everyday. Now I'd like to have a Friesian like this one.
2. I'm an owl. Totally. It's just terrible for me having to wake up early (now I'm unemployed so I'm not suffering), in the mornings and even afternoons I'm like a zombie. But I get full of energy at eleven PM. My mother hates that. She's a lark.
3. I'm a big tennis fan. I play it since I was 13. I also practiced karate (can't help remembering Ross saying that) for 3 years when I was a kid, and assisted to swimming classes for a year.
4. I'm starting a new course at university to get a certificate. It's about Digital Journalism and Internet Media Management :)
5. I bought the album Oops!... I Did It Again when I was like 15 (I know).
6. I've been playing the ukulele for two months now. I've learned to play some old songs like "Golden Earrings",  "La vie en rose", "Tonight you belong to me" and "Five Foot Two" (check the vid, isn't this flapper granny amazing? She rocks all the way):


7. Before I created Via Margutta 51, I had a blog about the cool Irish band The Cranberries. For five years I was a huge fan, I even ran to the stage when the singer was playing and security had to get me out. LOL.

c) This one is the really difficult. I have to choose just seven stylish bloggers and give them this award. Please guys, no hard feelings, I love you all, otherwise I wouldn't be following you. Oh, besides, I tried to choose people who hadn't received this recognition before:


So, that's it. I hope I did it right :)

16 comments:

  1. That's so cool that you play the ukulele! I love that clip of the older woman singing/playing. She actually sounds really good; I can imagine that she was quite talented in her hey dey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for choosing me!! I'm so honored! I'm a night owl too - that's been the hardest thing with the new baby - he likes to get up a 6 a.m.! Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ¡ Muchisimas gracias querida amiga Clara !.
    No sé cómo pero intentaré agradecertelo y corresponder igualmente.
    Es un placer sobretodo pasar por aqui.

    Un abrazo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the "Stylish" award. You deserve it :D I love the facts about yourself, especially about loving horses and playing the ukulele. How cool! And I bought Britney Spear's first album hahaha... even though I did end up breaking it in half.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for choosing me, Clara!! :) You definitely deserve this award -- your blog is one of the most stylish I follow! ♥

    I also play tennis :D Who is your favourite player at the moment? I love Kim Clijsters.

    Thank you again for the award -- I'm really honoured!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for this :D I love horses too. Well, less now, but when I was younger. Sometimes I miss it. I love Friesian. There are so graceful.
    We all have brought a album we are ashamed now x)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Audrey: I totally think she rocked when she was young. I can see her as a flapper having fun and playing the ukuelele...But if she was a flapper, now she would be like 110 years old, LOL!! Thanks for your kind comments, and I'm really sorry I had to choose just 7 people, you ARE a stylish blogger without a doubt!

    Emma: You're welcome. Poor you, owl. I guess I'll order an owl baby :)

    Abril: De nada, te lo mereces! No es necesario que intentes hacer nada, con tus post y dibujos estoy Liztaylor como diríamos acá :)

    Desiree: Thanks, girl! Why did you break the album?? I'm saving it for the future, when cds no longer exist and everyone have destroyed their Britney albums copies...THEN I'll be rich!

    Sophie: Left a message in your blog :)

    Camille: You're welcome, Friesian rules!! What's the album you're ashamed of?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations, Clara, and thank you.

    Congratulations, as well, to my fellow awardees.

    -- JAVA

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw, thank you so much, Clara! I'm going to try to get my Stylish Blogger post up on Monday... Hopefully there'll still be some people left to tag by then!

    I like your fact about the Cranberries, that's pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Java: You're welcome, you deserve it! (I'm looking forward to read the 7 facts about yourself)

    Caroline: You're welcome :) I'll be looking forward to read your post. Oh, and yes, being illegally on a stage in front of 5,000 people was pretty cool...and really crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hahaha, because I was very mad. Not sure of the reason xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, because I was very mad. Not sure of the reason xD

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw, thank you so much, Clara! I'm going to try to get my Stylish Blogger post up on Monday... Hopefully there'll still be some people left to tag by then!

    I like your fact about the Cranberries, that's pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Clara, and thank you.

    Congratulations, as well, to my fellow awardees.

    -- JAVA

    ReplyDelete
  15. ¡ Muchisimas gracias querida amiga Clara !.
    No sé cómo pero intentaré agradecertelo y corresponder igualmente.
    Es un placer sobretodo pasar por aqui.

    Un abrazo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's so cool that you play the ukulele! I love that clip of the older woman singing/playing. She actually sounds really good; I can imagine that she was quite talented in her hey dey. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...