May 21, 2010

More Happy Old Songs

Since yesterday was such a good day, and I promised to make a new post with happy oldies, well, here there are the next three:

"La Dolce Vita" (finale) by Nino Rota.
If I learned something watching How to lose friends and alienate people, it was the fact that La Dolce Vita theme can make you smile (I mean, Fellini's film was depressing).

I uploaded the clip in Flickr, 'cause it will be probably deleted from Youtube. 

"Pass me by" cover by Peggy Lee
The song was originally composed for Father Goose, but I love Peggy's version. Its rhythm really cheers you up.


"Thoroughly modern Millie" by Julie Andrews.
This is the best thing from the movie with the same name (it had its moments, but it wasn't very good overall). It's joyful,  it's about the Roaring Twenties, and Julie's rendition is great.


Hope you enjoyed!

Previous Happy Old Songs Posts: 1 |

8 comments:

  1. Thanks that made my morning. Live Julie..
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome Yvonne, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard the song by Peggy Lee. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love "Thoroughly Modern Millie!" I actually like a lot of the movie too! Julie Andrews is my favorite!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Camille: I'm glad you like it, I love it :)

    Emma: The movie had a scary plot, I mean people kidnapping girls and making them slaves??? But Julie was great in it.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. holaaa Clara! Pasando a saludarte, no has actualizado =( ya extraño tus posts =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks that made my morning. Live Julie..
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Camille: I'm glad you like it, I love it :)

    Emma: The movie had a scary plot, I mean people kidnapping girls and making them slaves??? But Julie was great in it.

    Thanks for commenting :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...