Jun 1, 2011

A guide to explore Via Margutta 51

[Updated on: February, 2014]

No, I'm not talking about Joe Bradley's address in Rome. I'm talking about my blog, of course. If you're new to my site or even if you've been with me for a long time, maybe I should explain what's going on here, what can you find and what can you expect.



Browse my Movie Reviews List: I usually review the old movies I see. Sometimes I review a single film so I talk a lot about it; sometimes I review a lot of movies in one post. Those are my mini reviews. I've alphabetically indexed all the reviews in one page. 

Get Fonts by Classic Stars: I love creating digital fonts based on real documents from actors. You can download them for free but donations are welcome.

Check my Movie Lists: Sometimes I make lists about my favorite films, things I love from a movie, things I don't like from a movie; maybe a list of 10 types of annoying people to watch a movie with. All the lists I've written are here.

Play Movie Games: If you click this button you'll find all the posts for the movie games When I say.... and Caption it. In the first, I tell a word and my readers write their first movie related thought. Recently I started displaying the results in a different post with pictures. The last game is pretty obvious but really fun: I post a picture, you give it a caption.

Check my personal Movie Articles: Those are post about movies that aren't reviews. The other day I talked with my grandparents about old movies and posted about it. I've highlighted characters and actors; shared some memories; written Haikus, investigated topics like Audrey's fawn etc. Those are my Articles entries and you can find more clicking this menu button. 

Sneak my Movie Findings: When I read Ginger Rogers' autobiography she mentioned that she recorded Alice in Wonderland. It was supposed to be very rare recording, but I managed to find it on Youtube. I shared it here. Sometimes I find interesting interviews or material. These kind of posts are my Movie Findings.

Enjoy [Photo]graphs + Music: This is a series I started last year. I see a great picture and I try to find a song that captures its atmosphere. For example: Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward dancing to..."Twist and Shout". Clicking this category you'll see all the posts from this series, plus all the posts that include picture galleries.

Read my Movie Book Reviews: Obviously, books about actors or movies. I've reviewed the biographies of Jean Arthur, Errol Flynn, Maureen O'Hara and more.

Read awesome Guest Posts: This year I started inviting other bloggers to pick 4 items from their classic movie memorabilia, in a very successful series called If I had to keep 4. These entries and future guests post will be added here.

Read my answers in Surveys and Memes: I had fun answering a lot of these since I started the blog. You can easily form an opinion of my movie knowledge (or lack of it) by reading my answers.

Watch some ClassicMovieRIMFs: Yeah, I know. The word I invented is awful. But this means Classic Movie References in Modern Films. You know, you're watching a modern movie and all of the sudden the characters start watching an old movie...or talking about a Classic Star. Well, I chunk that part and upload it for you.

Hear some Happy Old Songs: When you start watching a lot of movies, your music knowledge also expands. You start appreciating old songs and singers. Well, from time to time I post my favorite songs and they tend to be happy.



NOTE: if you are looking for a particular post, you can always use the Search bar placed on the top of the sidebar.

Well, that's it. Hope you didn't freak out.


7 comments:

  1. Fun! I can't wait to look at the CMRIMFs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the feedback, Emma! Have you watched the CMRIMFs already posted? You can check them accessing through the menu on the sidebar, last button :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. As someone who is just starting to explore classic films, I think your blog is amazing. I'm off to have fun with your menu. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sidebar...... so much fun :) Thanks for "guiding" us, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Sasha, welcome!! Great you're interested in classic films, you'll find that there's A LOT of incredible movies to watch. Hope my blog helps you, as well as my blog roll :) Have fun & thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, you're welcome, Desiree! I still have a lot of doubts about the menu, I don't know, there are a lot of posts I couldn't include in any of the buttons, because is not a great idea to have a large menu...Organizing a blog is way harder than a normal site :) Thanks for the feedback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this site. It's very refreshing to find one, but I did find somewhat awkward navigating around here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...