Dec 11, 2011

Gift Guide for classic movie fans with (a lot of) imagination

Christmas is coming and you don't know what to give to that special, super imaginative classic film fan? Or to other people beside yourself? Well, Via Margutta 51 has an answer to all your prayers! Here's a list of very special gifts you can buy...with a massive ammount just a bit of imagination.


- Do you want to start the day with a little morning exercise? Well, choose this special offer: tennis classes with super stars. Oh, you know how to play? Well, play a doubles match! Just pick your partner and your rivals: Errol Flynn, Carole Lombard, Judy Garland, Mickey Rooney, Kate Hepburn, Chaplin, Paulette Goddard, Douglas Fairbanks, Ginger Rogers, Barbara Stanwyck, Jimmy Stewart...well, practically any star in Hollywood!


- Maybe you want something a little wilder? Well, choose this horse back riding trip guided by Gary Cooper & John Wayne! Besides riding with such amazing people, this option includes a visit to the ranches of Barbara Stanwyck & Robert Taylor, Gable & Lombard or Joel & Frances McCrea!! (imagination, people, imagination).


- Oh, oh, you want something even more exciting....Then the kart racing option is for you! Enjoy a  super fun (and super safe) karting session with Jimmy Dean, Paul Newman & Steve McQueen! (And yes, you can pick this option just to watch them...for a whole day).


- Love the sea? Well, Errol Flynn, Bogie & Bacall and Orson Welles are waiting for you! Join them in a super sunny and fun sailing adventure. This special offer includes swimming lessons with Johnny Weissmuller & Esther Williams. Don't miss it!


- Do you prefer quieter activities? Do you love chatting with amazing people? Well, be part of this Sewing & Knitting session with Bette Davis, Sylvia Sidney, Joanne Woodward, Kate & Audrey Hepburn, Doris Day, Maureen O'Hara and everyone who wants to join.


- Want to learn some awesome moves? Then pick our dancing lessons with Ginger, Fred, Gene Kelly, Shirley Temple, James Cagney, Eleanor Powell, and more!! This is an offer you can't resist!


- Do you have a kitchen but you don't know what to do in there? Do you want to learn how to prepare very special dishes? The cooking session with people like Marlene Dietrich, Vincent Price, Joan Crawford, Dinah Shore & Marilyn Monroe is for you!


-Want to learn a new, exciting language? French with Charles Boyer, Catherine Denueve, Alain Delon, Maurice Chevalier...or Gene Kelly? Dutch with Audrey Hepburn? Swedish with Ingrid Bergman or Greta Garbo? German with Marlene Dietrich? Italian with Rossano Brazzi or Sophia Loren? Whatever you want, we have an actor for you!


- Do you need a fashion expert? We have two people that will go shopping with you and advice you in a super professional (but very kind) way: Audrey Hepburn & Grace Kelly! Don't miss this unique opportunity! Special gifts and discounts are included!


- Do you need an amazing activity for a special evening? Viv & Larry and Katharine Hepburn & Spencer Tracy will act in an exclusive theatrical performance, just for you and your friends! Do we really need to convince you?


 - Don't you just love music? Well, pick this all-star offer and enjoy a whole night of the best music: Frank Sinatra, Judy Garland, Doris Day, Barbra Streissand, Irene Dunne, Maurice Chevalier, Julie Andrews, Deanna Durbin, Marni Nixon (so she gets some recognition) and a lot of other singers to choose from our catalog! This offer includes a duet with the artist you want!


- Are you stressed? Depressed? Or you just you need something to cheer up? How would you like to be part of a game night hosted by William Powell & Myrna Loy? Would you like playing charade with funny guests like Lucille Ball, Cary Grant, Rosalind Russel, Red Skelton, Una Merkel, Bob Hope, Eve Arden, Chaplin, the Marx Brothers...? You know what to do, the lines are opened.

(Jean Arthur's confirmation is pending).


- Are you just dying to go to a Hollywood party hosted by Marion Davies at Hearst Castle but you don't really like Mr. Hearst? Well, pick this super option because he's not invited! But everybody else in Hollywood is!! This is one of the most expensive offers, but it's totally worth it! We assure you this is a night you won't forget.

(And if you contact us in the next few minutes, Edith Head will design your costume!)


- This is the last offer! Enjoy a new version of the Hollywood Canteen, hosted by Bette Davis and with the participation of special guests like Cary Grant, Greer Garson,  Rita Hayworth, Gary Cooper,  Don Ameche, the Barrymores, Olivia de Havilland, Irene Dunne, and everyone in this list! Invite your friends, invite everyone you want and be part of one of the most special evenings ever!

Which offer would you choose?

9 comments:

  1. This is brilliant, Clara! :') I would probably choose to learn German with Marlene Dietrich. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I am wowed by your creativity. I would have a hard time choosing (I guess I'll just take one of each, please. :)), but I don't see how I could pass up an opportunity to get fashion pointers from Audrey and Grace. I never realized Gene Kelly was fluent in French, but I guess he would have to be to star in The Umbrellas of Cherbourg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's a difficult decision! If I were VERY rich, I'd swin with Esther Williams, dance with Gene Kelly and sing with Sinatra. It'd be a perfect Christmas gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was all set for sailing but I think game night stole my heart. Then again, how could I resist a dance lesson from Fred Astaire?? This is entirely too difficult and requires more thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I absolutely ADORED this Clara! So clever and funny. I can't possibly pick one option, all of them are so tempting. You know I would have to be at that game night with Lucy, but then I'd need to go shopping with Grace and Audrey, and the Hollywood Canteen is so thrilling! lol. I can't possibly pick one.

    Anyway, this was soo awesome. If only it was for real! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a creative and fun post Clara. I would go with fun game night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I'd take the dance lessons if the teacher was Cyd Charisse! Of course, kart racing with Steve McQueen and Paul Newman or horseback riding with Barbara Stanwyck could be fun too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Clara, this is pure genius! Love the Marni Nixon mention! ;D

    I'd pick the costume party and hope with all I'm worth I won the Edith Head design! Also, since I'd be super rich in this scenario, I'd splurge on French lessons with Alain Delon. I probably wouldn't learn a thing, but what a fun time it would be! ;D And then I'd spend the rest of my fortune stocking up on clothes with Audrey and Grace.

    I just LOVE this post. Great job, Clara!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and fun! Please Santa take me Kart Racing with Steve McQueen, Paul Newman and James Dean! I swear I've been good...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...