Aug 20, 2011

The Irresistibly Sweet & Liebster Blog Awards


Welcome, ladies and gentlemen,

I've been honored with two awards this week and now it's time for me to pass on both of them. All the bloggers I'm awarding/thanking share their love for movies in a special way and make my day everyday. I couldn't include all the blogs I wanted, if you want to visit more awesome sites, check my blogroll.


My friend Monty from the always entertaining All Good Things; Dawn from the very interesting/informative Noir and Chick Flicks and Sophie from the lovely and genuine Waitin' On a Sunny Day have kindly passed on this award to me.

According to the rules, I have to give this award to 3-5 more bloggers that have less than 300 followers, but deserve more.


 
  • Emma's Music: awesome singer, classic movie fan, I love her music and her recent Radio Shows.
  • Fedoras and High Heels: Audrey writes amazing/lovely reviews, it's a great guide when I want to check new movies.
  • A Person in the Dark: I've learned a lot of Classic Hollywood and Classic movies reading FlickChick's posts.
  • Bette's Classic Movie Blog: A cool teenager that writes fun reviews of old movies...and she's called Bette like Miss Davis.
  • Films of Yesterday: Jennifer writes concise reviews of films from the 1910s to 1940s...always a delight to read.
LANGUAGE NOTE: The official message that acompanies this award is WRONG...It says that "in German and Spanish Liebster means 'beloved'". Well, my first language is Spanish and I've never ever heard that word in my life. End of the note.

Designed by Craig @ Blame Mame.
RULES
    1. Thank and link to the person who nominated you.
    2. Share 7 random facts about yourself.
    3. Pass the award to 12 of your blogging buddies.
    4. Notify the recipients.

    This award was given to me by FlickChick from the interesting, informative and well-documented blog  A Person in the Dark; Lara from Backlots, a super fun and well-written blog I discovered a few weeks ago and Bette from the sweet Bette's Classic Movie Blog. Thanks girls!

    7 random facts:  
    1. Anna Karenina is one of my favorite novels; 
    2. my family and I own 2 dogs, 5 cats, 1 rabbit, 1 hen and a lot of birds; 
    3. the only Classic Movie related person I've actually met, is Isabella Rosellini, Ingrid Bergman's daughter;
    4. maths and I have never been friends, just thinking about numbers makes me dizzy;
    5. I predict that in the future tele-transportation will be a fact;
    6. I collect movie theater tickets;
    7. I'd love to visit Ireland and France.
    • Waitin' On a Sunny Day: I've always admired Sophie's blog; I love the ways she writes about her favorite movies/actors, in a very honest/sweet way.
    • ClassicBecky's Brain Food: Becky writes awesome posts, very well-documented and with a great sense of humor.
    • Classic Movies: KC shares interesting links and info about Classic Movies everyday.
    • All Good Things: Monty is an awesome guy that really loves old movies/actors and organizes the coolest tournaments ever.
    • True Classics: You know what's better than a cool girl writing about movies? Well, three girls continuously sharing amazingly well-written/fun posts about the old classics. 
    • Garbo Laughs: Caroline is an awesome blogger. I just love her interesting reviews. Plus I love the name of her site.
    • Laura's Miscellaneous Musings: Great reviews of old movies (lots of the film I've seen were recommended here) written by Laura, a gal that also loves Disney and always shares entertaining stories about that.
    • Comet Over Hollywood: Jennifer always surprises me with great posts about movies or actors. Most of the things she has talked about were previously unknown to me.
    • The Girl with the White Parasol: Rachel's reviews are very detailed and insightful and her posts on certain topics (like hats from Classic Films) are very entertaining.
    • Tales of the Easily Distracted: Dorian writes insightful reviews of movies that I've normally haven't seen but I end loving.
    • Frankly, My Dear ...you should check this new blog. Rianna loves Old Hollywood and proves it by writing interesting entries, accompanied by beautiful pictures.
    • Backlots: I've been subscribed to Lara's blog for like a month now and the posts I've read have been all interesting.
    Well, that's it! Remember, if I didn't include you in this list, it's not because I don't love your blog, but because there are rules to follow here people :)

    PS: I used some of the kind words you guys wrote about my blog to put in the sidebar in the reviews of my site aka the egocentric widget...hope you don't mind!

      16 comments:

      1. Clara, how nice of you to include me with other such wonderful blogs. It's great to have such round-robin awards, with which we can give something back. Thank you so much.

        ReplyDelete
      2. Thank you so much, Clara! I love how with these awards we all get to discover blogs that we might not have found out about otherwise! :) I nominated you for this award too (before I knew that you'd already been nominated but that doesn't really matter!) :)

        ReplyDelete
      3. Thanks for the award, Clara. No, I don't mind - and I think it's a great idea. Anyway, thanks for including me! :)

        ReplyDelete
      4. Aww, thank you so much, Clara!! That is so sweet of you!

        ReplyDelete
      5. Thanks, Clara! We appreciate your kind words.

        ReplyDelete
      6. Thanks so much! I'm in good company.

        ReplyDelete
      7. Thank you again for the award and the kind words!

        P.S. I'm not a fan of math either. :P
        P.P.S. The widget is a great idea! It was fun reading what everyone had to say about your site.

        ReplyDelete
      8. Thank you sooo much for the award, dear Clara!

        ReplyDelete
      9. You're welcome Emma, you deserve it :)

        ReplyDelete
      10. You're welcome Audrey, I'm glad to be part of the numerous group of people that gave you awards this weekend, you deserve it :)

        PS. Yeah, maths are awful.
        PS. Thanks, I still think it's very egocentric, but hopefully it will attract new readers :)

        ReplyDelete
      11. You're welcome, Brandie :) You deserve it!

        ReplyDelete
      12. You're welcome Lara :) I really like your blog!

        ReplyDelete
      13. You're welcome Rianna, and thanks for supporting the egocentric widget :)

        ReplyDelete
      14. Yeah, I love discovering new blogs through these awards too!! And many thanks for nominating me :)

        ReplyDelete

      LinkWithin

      Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...