Oct 30, 2011

The 10 scariest scenes from old movies (I've managed to watch)

Boooooooooooo!!!...did I scare you? No? Bummer, this article explained me that I should.

Anyway, these are the 10 creepiest scenes from the somewhat scary movies I've been able to watch. You know I'm a coward.

10. Whatever Happened to Baby Jane: Joan Crawford gets a yummy lunch, made with lots of love from Bette Davis.



9. Suddenly, Last Summer: Elizabeth Taylor tells how her cousin Sebastian really died [sorry, the clip is not complete...but you know what happened to him]


8. Cape Fear (my review): The family is waiting for criminal Robert Mitchum to attack any minute.
[SCENE]
7. The Devil-Doll: Creepy concept, humans transformed in dolls and used to steal and kill...by Lionel Barrymore in drag.

6. Nosferatu: The whole movie is terribly scary, so I just chose the part when Hutter finds out that Orlok sleeps in a freaking coffin!

5. The Innocents: Deborah Kerr plays hide-and-seek with the creepy children she's in charge of...and someone or something appears on a window...

4. The Fly (my review): OMG, this film. I chose the ending, when the doctor is trapped and asks for help with his tiny voice.

3. Psycho: Anthony Perkin's horrible secret is revealed.

2. Wait until dark: Blind Audrey Hepburn thinks the fight with a sadistic criminal is over... (The moment starts at 01.17 in case you want to skip the explanation...oh, and you can check my stop motion version of this moment)

1. The Night of the Hunter: Robert Mitchum appears inside the house where Lillian Gish is protecting the children...and then he escapes screaming like a wild animal. Or a creature from hell.
(There's no video for this exact scene).


BONUS: My 7-year-old self picked this short film from Disney:


HAPPY HALLOWEEN EVERYBODY!

10 comments:

  1. Clara, what a great collection of scariest movie moments, including your addition of FANTASIA's "Night on Bald Mountain"! That CAPE FEAR scene includes one of my favorite Bernard Herrmann scores. I've seen all of these films except THE INNOCENTS, and now that I've seen your clip, I'm going to TiVo it when it's on later tonight! Excellent Halloween suspense round-up, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Dorian! "The innocents" is really, really scary! Hope you like it, Deborah Kerr is great in it and the kids are creepy :) Happy Halloween, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clara, a great selection of creepy moments. Especially nice to see "Wait Until Dark" get some recognition. It may not be a great movie, but it sure is an entertaining one. Did anyone besides me ever wonder why Alan Arkin bothered with all those elaborate disguises to fool a woman who can't see? Maybe just to put himself in the mood, but it sure gives him an excuse for an acting field day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Joan Crawford gets a yummy lunch, made with lots of love from Bette Davis." LOVE that movie and I adore the way you put that, lol! :) I haven't seen all these movies but a great selection of clips. I really want to see "The Innocents" with Deborah, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, R.D.! Well, yes, I really like "Wait Until Dark" and that particular moment always scares me. Oh, I think that Alan Arkin's character was definitely crazy and sadistic, so he enjoyed elaborating all those plans to fool a blind woman. Otherwise, yes, it's kind of a plot hole :) Thanks for the feedback, nice to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, girl! Yeah, "The Innocents" is very scary, so don't watch it by yourself...really, there are a lot of creepy moments. Thanks for stopping by my site, Rianna :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great scary scenes which you have shown here. I like the most The Devil-Doll scene in which Lionel Barrymore is great in this film as an escaped prisoner of revenge against the three banks that framed for embezzlement and murder of seventeen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, "The Devil-Doll" was really scary!! I mean, the guy experimenting with animals and then with human beings! Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked my selection of scary scenes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not like scary movies but I have seen The Innocents with my friends. My friends took me to theater and I watched this movie. I good but as I said I do not like scary movie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do not like scary movies but I have seen The Innocents with my friends. My friends took me to theater and I watched this movie. I good but as I said I do not like scary movie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...