Jul 3, 2010

Ingrid Bergman's handwriting font + how I met her daughter

So, KC unlocked the prize and as I promised I'm sharing it with you. Let me tell you that creating these fonts is just a hobby, so I'm obviously not a professional. This is version 1.0. because there are some characters I couldn't find in Ingrid's letters, like $, & and q, so I just had to invent them based in other characters. I hope someday I can find new letters and update the file.
What can I say about the way Ingrid wrote? Well, her handwriting was classy and elegant, her characters were thin and long, and cursive...very cursive. 
Here's a sample of the font being used on Microsof Word:




Download + Terms of use + Instructions?:  


Click HERE.

So play with it and have fun. I'm just going to add a little story. The closest I've been to a classic star is when I met Isabella Rossellini, Ingrid's daughter. She came to Chile like 4 years ago the present a documentary about her dad.

At the time I wasn't a crazy classic film fan, but my dad loved Ingrid and I thought she was a great actress (plus I had seen Isabella in "Friends" and "Alias"). So I cut out a little picture of her that appeared on the newspaper with a quote and put it in my bag. After my classes at university, I went with a friend to the place Isabella was supposed to be (a "cultural room" near our presidential palace) with little hopes.

But we waited like 20 minutes and Isabella arrived with a bunch of people (our Minister of Culture among them) and there were no fans besides us. So I stepped forward, showed the little piece of paper and my Sharpie to her. She smiled (I never noticed how much she looked like her mother until that moment) and signed it. I mumbled something and she kept walking with the bunch of guys. My friend took a picture of that moment (I know, it's not very clear, but we were so star struck that a better image was impossible to get):


And her autograph:


Well, this is all for now. Hope you had a swell time. Please let me know what you think of the font. 

8 comments:

  1. Sinceramente, escribir una crítica de cine con la letra de Ingrid Bergman es, como decimos por aquí, una pasada. He descargado la fuente y lógicamente deberé estrenarla con alguna de esta increíble actriz que "de italiano solo sabía decir Ti amo". Tengo en cartera comentar ¿Por quien doblan las campanas) donde da vida a María trabajando con Gary Cooper.

    Si no he entendido mal ¿100 posts? Congratulations y a por los mil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so wonderful! It must have been an amazing moment for you! (: Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! that's so neat! I love creating fonts and never ever thought to make one based on a film star's handwriting, that is so clever :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good idea to make a font from handwriting! I love the way you shared this with us. The sense of mystery made it so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow sí que le sabes a todo jajaja me sorprendes...la vdd Ingrid no me encanta pero igual está muy padre esto q estás haciendo =)

    Saluditos y pásate por mi blog, mis entradas de cine clásico nadie las comenta jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sinceramente, escribir una crítica de cine con la letra de Ingrid Bergman es, como decimos por aquí, una pasada. He descargado la fuente y lógicamente deberé estrenarla con alguna de esta increíble actriz que "de italiano solo sabía decir Ti amo". Tengo en cartera comentar ¿Por quien doblan las campanas) donde da vida a María trabajando con Gary Cooper.

    Si no he entendido mal ¿100 posts? Congratulations y a por los mil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi!I'm so happy that in the world there is a person like me , i really love old movies especially ingrid's movies and bette davis's movies . I'm from Italy and I'm only sixteen years old but I feel that this cinema is my world .I really like your blog . I hope you will answer me . kiss Elena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elena! Thank you so much for reading my blog and leaving a comment, I really appreciate it :)

      It's a great that being so young you already discovered classic films :)

      It's a fantastic world indeed, and I had great times when it was my main passion: I discovered great stories about my favorite actors, met talented people that shared this interest, read a lot about movies and stars and of course, watched tons and tons of old films and wrote about it. I also felt a bit sad because it's a world that lives only on the screens.

      This is a video I made during those times trying to capture that feeling: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuCrRFasNNs

      Hope you can continue discovering things that amaze you :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...