Apr 21, 2011

A site you should check: "Letters of Note"

Heya readers! I haven't seen many movies lately, yesterday I started the course to get a postgraduate certificate on Digital Journalism I told you about, so I won't be posting on Tuesdays and Thursdays (probably). But don't worry, I'm planning some new services for Via Margutta, a surprise and a new book review. Stay tuned!


Today I wanted to recommend you a very interesting site, which is getting more and more known and now it's even nominated for a Webby AwardLetters of Note publishes "correspondence deserving a wider audience", that means that you can find letters, postcards, telegrams, smoke signals, etc etc sent by famous/historical people. And of course, I wouldn't be talking about this site here, if it didn't share notes from classic actors and directors. Here are my favorites:




Audrey Hepburn to Stanley Kubrick: I expect to make the best movie ever made








Hope you enjoyed! Oh, don't forget that you can help Letters of Note to win a Webby Award

3 comments:

  1. What a neat site! I love that they include smoke signals (haha).

    The Cary Grant letter was quite amusing. :) "My temerity is at low ebb today." I think I shall have to start using that phrase in my daily speech.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cary Grant was just an awesome guy! Loved that sentence too, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cary Grant was just an awesome guy! Loved that sentence too, Audrey!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...