Apr 7, 2011

"How much is it?" "A Garbo"

Sweden's Central Bank, or Riksbank, announced the motifs on the new bills for that country. A politician, a soprano female singer and Ingmar Bergman will be on the more valuable banknotes; a female writer and a musician will be printed on the less valuable ones. AND Greta Garbo will be like in the middle, in the 100 krona bill (like 16 dollars). The size of this new 100 krona bill is 133 x 66mm and it will be blue. So, now Garbo not only "Talks!" and "Laughs!" but "Garbo can get you something around 16 dollars!" :)

Note: this is not the real bill.

Just kidding, this is cool.

9 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I want Garbo on my money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely need money with Greta's face on it (although I probably would just want to save it, and not actually spend it!) : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by, girls. I'd like to have Garbo or any classic movie star on my money too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ingmar Bergman! Yeah! I want that! I read about this on Twitter, but now I can't find the tweet or the article the tweet tweeted about. I used tweet way too many times in that sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clara,
    The money would be awesome but since I can barely afford a book of the new Gregory Peck stamps coming out I guess I won't be getting this money. Ha Ha
    Page

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute post, Clara! I'm trying to collect postage stamps and things like that and I'd love to have one of those bills. However, I'm in the same boat with finances as Page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, how wonderful! I wish the U.S. would put classic actors on its bills (besides Ronald Reagan, of course). I'm sure the vast majority of Americans know more about, say, Humphrey Bogart or Joan Crawford than they do about Alexander Hamilton or William McKinley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute post, Clara! I'm trying to collect postage stamps and things like that and I'd love to have one of those bills. However, I'm in the same boat with finances as Page!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need money with Greta's face on it (although I probably would just want to save it, and not actually spend it!) : )

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...